The Argentine national team defeated Chile 2-1 on Saturday and won the third place in the CONMEBOL Copa América Brazil 2019, in a match played at the Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo.
The scorecard was opened by Argentina in the 12th minute, with a goal from Sergio Aguero after a move started by Messi and in the 22nd they scored 2-0 with a subtle definition of forward Paulo Dybala, who kicked the ball to goalkeeper Gabriel Arias when he tried to reduce it. In 59, the midfielder Arturo Vidal scored a penalty.
· Argentina has 60 victories and only six defeats in 89 historic matches against Chile in all competitions (23E).
· Argentina remains undefeated against Chile in CONMEBOL Copa América (21V 7E); it is the duel that has been played the most times without one team winning at least once.
· Argentina finished on the CONMEBOL Copa América podium for the fifth time in the last six editions; they didn’t do it in 2011, when they were eliminated at home in the quarterfinals against Uruguay.
· In Argentina’s first goal against Chile, Lionel Messi reached 40 assists with his national team; it was the eighth goal pass he gave to Sergio Aguero (he has only given more to Gonzalo Higuain: 9).
· Paulo Dybala scored his second goal for Argentina, and the first in non-friendly match; he has played 24 games for his national team (13, excluding friendlies).
· Lionel Messi played his 27th game in CONMEBOL Copa América and overcame Javier Mascherano as Argentina’s player with the most in the competition.
· Sergio Agüero has scored in eight CONMEBOL Copa América matches; only two players from Argentina have scored more times: 10, Norberto Méndez and Gabriel Batistuta.