With goals from Gabriel Jesús and Firmino, the “Canarinha” beat the “Albiceleste” in Belo Horizonte.
The National Team of Brazil beat Argentina 2-0 on Tuesday, 2nd of July, for the CONMEBOL Copa America’s Brazil 2019 semifinal and advanced to the final which will be played next Sunday at the Maracaná Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
With goals from Gabriel Jesús (19 FT) and Roberto Firmino (26 ST), the team managed by Tite overcame, in a very difficult game, played at the Mineirao stadium in Belo Horizonte, the Argentinean team which did not surrender and fought from the begin to the end.
However, Brazil was more effective and scored two goals, one in each half, to get through the final match that already expects the winner of the game between Chile, current America´s champion, and Peru.
· Brazil has never lost at home against Argentina in official matches (9V 2E); they accumulate eight games without losing at home against Argentina in all competitions (7 wins and 1 draw).
· Brazil has knocked Argentina out of the CONMEBOL Copa America the last five times they have played; the previous occasions had been in the quarterfinals of 1995 and 1999, and in the finals of 2004 and 2007.
· Brazil overcame the CONMEBOL Copa América semifinals the last seven times they reached this stage; the last time they got out this instance was in 1979, against Paraguay (at home and away games).
· Brazil does not lose in a CONMEBOL Copa América game after an opening score since 1979, when they lose in La Paz 1-2 against Bolivia; 52 matches have been played since then (43 wins and 9 draws).
· Argentina achieved 10 more shots than Brazil (14-4), including two in the post; however, the Brazilians scored in two of the four occasions they attempted in the game.
· Roberto Firmino assisted the first goal and scored the second one for Brazil against Argentina; the striker has participated in five of ten goals for the Brazilians in the Copa América 2019 (he scored two goals and gave three assists).
· Gabriel Jesus had not scored for an International official match (excluding penalties) after nine games (5 of the 2018 World Cup and 4 of the 2019 Copa America); the striker had not scored since October 2017, against Chile for the qualifiers to Russia 2018 (2 goals).
· Dani Alves played his 18th game for the CONMEBOL Copa America against Argentina; He has reached the top five players who have played the most for Brazil in the Copa America.
· Lionel Scaloni is the first Argentina´s coach to lose his first two duels against Brazil in all competitions since Cesar Luis Menotti in 1975 (4D).