Uruguay and Chile, two teams with great history in the competition, meet on Monday in Group A of the CONMEBOL Copa América 2021.
A win for Chile would secure their progression into the next round ahead of a final game against Paraguay, while Uruguay need a win to kick start their tournament following defeat in their opening game.
Uruguay lost to Argentina 1-0 in their opener and are currently joint bottom on zero points, despite having an extra game to play. A win sets them up nicely, a defeat will leave them sweating progression.
- Stadium: Arena Pantanal, Cuiabá.
- Time: 17:00 Local Time (21:00 GMT).
- Referee: Raphael Claus (Brasil).
- Uruguay and Chile have not drawn in any of their last eight competitive game; Uruguay have won 5 and Chile have won 3.
- Uruguay has won three of the last four official matches against the Chilea with 1 draw.
- Chile has scored at least one goal in their last nine games in all competitions (3 wins, 4 draws, 2 losses). The last time La Roja failed to scored was in a 0-0 draw against Colombia in a friendly in October 2019.
- Uruguay are still looking for their first shot on goal, having failed to hit the target once against Argentina.
- Chilean Mauricio Isla and Argenitne Nicolás Otamendi have made the most interceptions in the Copa America, both with six so far.