More than 900 thousand people went to the stadiums, in a climate of peace, tolerance and respect
There were 18 months of organization, matches in six stadiums of five host cities. At the end of 24 days of competition and 26 games held by CONMEBOL Copa America Brazil 2019, prevailed the climate of peace, tolerance and respect at the stadiums. The final match on Sunday, at the Maracanã, in Rio de Janeiro gathered around 69.981 fans. It was broadcasted in 180 countries. This final contributed to reach the target of 900.925 people in the stadiums, with an average of 34.651 spectators, an audience higher than previous editions.
The ninth title of Brazil, won at home again after 30 years, was reflected in the ideal team of the CONMEBOL Copa America Brazil 2019. This team was selected by the Technical Study Unit of the CONMEBOL. The team lines up with Alisson; Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, Giménez and Miguel Trauco; Paredes, Arturo Vidal and Arthur ; James Rodriguez, Paolo Guerrero and Everton.
The 46th edition of the oldest international football tournament in the world has also contributed to an economic empowerment of the five host cities and for Brazil thanks to the tourist of 124 countries. Football was also supported thanks to the donation of football equipment for 20 training football fields, such as football goals, benches, corner flags, mini jumping barriers, cones and discs.
This new edition established a new standard of organization for future editions of the CONMEBOL Copa America. The 46th edition also introduced the use of technology, such us the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) in all the matches of the tournament for the first time in South America.
“We finished a new edition of Copa America that marks a turning point in the history of the tournament. We congratulate Brazil for being a great host for this edition, also the 12 teams that once again surprised the world of football, their fans who behave in the most exemplary way without renouncing the passion that define us. We also congratulate the sponsors that supported our football and the media that brought the talent of our football to 180 countries around the world, “said Alejandro Dominguez, president of CONMEBOL.
“We are proud to have hosted again in our country the CONMEBOL Copa America after 30 years. We saw peace and joy in the celebration of football at the stadiums and around the streets of the five cities we went to. On top of all, carrying out this event in a great way confirmed that we are able to carrying out new international football tournaments, “said Rogério Caboclo, CEO of the Local Organizing Committee.
“The competition finished without leaving any problem and it is important to have a positive balance in all the games of the competition,” adds Hugo Figueredo, the director of Competitions of National Team of CONMEBOL.
“The final balance is positive. Every event is a new experience and always left us something to learn about. This edition of the CONMEBOL Copa America helped to increase the expertise of our staff in the organization of massive events, “adds Agberto Guimarães, Director of Operations for the Local Organizing Committee.
CROWD IN STADIUMS: NUMBERS FOR THE FINAL AND FOR THE TOURNAMENT
- Spectators in the final : 69.981 people
- Total audience in the stadiums : 900.925
- Average of people in the stadiums: 34,651
- Fans from 124 countries
THE CONMEBOL COPA AMERICA BRAZIL 2019 IN NUMBERS:
- 18 months of organization
- 95 employees involved in the planning management
- 25 thousand direct and indirect temporary associates in the operation of the
- 5 host cities (security, transportation, stadium operators, snack bars, concessionaires, logistic at the stadiums, among others)
- 35 thousand Km traveled in 1,500 displacements, almost 8 trips between Rio de Janeiro and Lima (Peru).
- 43.670km flights, almost like flying round the world
- 157.5 tonnes of cargo transported (3.5 tonnes per flight on average)
- Solid waste management in six stages: 87 tonnes for recycling
- Broadcasting in 180 countries
- Over 170 million posts in the social networks
- 5 host cities: Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and São Paulo
- 6 stadiums
- 20 Official Training Fields
- 2 ceremonies (Opening and Closing)
- 12 National Football Teams
- 24 days of competition
- 26 matches
- 276 players
- 3 individual prizes (best player of the tournament, top scorer and best goalkeeper) + 01 award for the ( Fair Play ) team
- 200 medals distributed
- 60 goals | average score of 2.30 goals per game
- Top Scorer: Everton ( BRA ) – 3
- Player with the most assists: Roberto Firmino (BRA) and Charles Aranguiz (CHI) – 3
- Player who participated the most when scoring: Roberto Firmino (BRA) – 5 Goals
- Player with more goal attempts: Philippe Coutinho (BRA) – 21
- Player with best tackle percentage: Federico Valverde (URU) – 87.1%
- Player with the best accuracy on passes: Dani Alves (BRA) – 370 | 88.5% correct
- Player with most passes on the opponent’s field: Dani Alves (BRA) – 216 | 83.7% accuracy
- Only Lionel Messi (22) dribbled more rivals than Everton (19) and Gabriel Jesus (17)
- Brazil is the first team to suffer their first goal in an edition of Conmebol Copa America in the final.
- Team with the highest number of passes ( excluding crossings) : Brazil (3,360)
- Team with the highest ball possession: Brazil (88.2%)
- Team with the best accuracy when passing the ball: Brazil (64.5%)
- Team with the highest number of passes in the contender´s field ( except crosses): Brazil (1,855) | 84.8% correct
- Team with the highest number of fouls: Chile (111)
About the Copa America
The Copa America is the oldest International Football tournament in the world. It was played for the first time in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in June 1916. Some of the best and most recognized world football players are from South America and played in the 46th edition of the tournament, from June 14 to the 7th of July, in five host cities.
In addition to the ten South American member countries of CONMEBOL (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela), Japan and Qatar, members of The Asian Football Confederation (AFC), participated as guests. There were nine FIFA World Cup titles on the field.
Ariel Ramirez – (+595) 981 815915 – email@example.com
Local Organizing Committee of CONMEBOL Copa America Brazil 2019