Argentina face the always tough and competitive Paraguay this monday with top spot in Group A of the CONMEBOL Copa América up for grabs.
La Albiceleste secured a narrow win against Uruguay on Friday with a performance that their coach Lionel Scaloni described as “very solid” as the side close in on securing progression from a tight group.
In the opening game Argentina drew 1-1 with Chile and will now face Paraguay who came from behind to win their only game of the tournamen 3-1 against Bolivia.
The last meeting of the two teams finished 1-1 in the Copa America.
Lionel Messi’s Argentina side face the Guarani on Monday at 9:00pm local time at the Mané Garrincha stadium in Brasilia.
– Details –
- Stadium: Olímpico Mané Garrincha (Brasilia)
- Time: 21:00 local time – 00:00 GMT
- Referee: Jesús Velenzuela (VEN)
– Notes on the game –
- Argentina y Paraguay have met 25 times at the CONMEBOL Copa América. Argentina has never lost to Paraguay in the competition (19V 6E).
- Paraguay are four consecutive games unbeaten against Argentina in all competitions (1 win, 3 draws). The last Argentine victory against the Guarani was in the 2015 edition of the CONMEBOL Copa América (6-1).
- The recent history between the two teams is very even with one victory per side and four draws. The last two matches that Albiceleste and Albirroja faced each other finished 1-1.
- Paraguayan Kaku is join leader in terms of chance creation at the CONMEBOL Copa América. He is level with Neymar on 10 however the Paraguayan has only played one game and the Brazilian two.
Tiene 10 totales, empatado con Neymar de Brasil, aunque el paraguayo haya jugado un partido y el brasileño dos.
- Argentina es el equipo de lo que va de esta edición de la CONMEBOL Copa América que más faltas ha recibido, con 37 totales.